We feel energetic and productive when the atmosphere is fresh and keeps us cool; this is one way AC can benefit us. However, have you ever sensed any unusual smells when you switched on the AC system or around the AC unit?
Are you searching for an HVAC contractor La Center WA because of this issue? Unfortunately, the only way to fix a smelly air conditioning system is to resolve the problem from the root.
Smells From The AC System Tell About The Issues Building Inside The System!
Different smells indicate a particular issue building inside the AC system. Every household owner should know what smell leads to which issue, so you can quickly take the necessary steps to prevent the condition from deteriorating.
If your AC system smells like:
- Musty – It is an indication of mold growth inside your AC system. It means there is a leakage or clogging issue inside the AC system.
- Stinky feet – If your AC system smells like someone has not washed their socks for weeks, it is due to the moisture content inside the AC unit.
- Burned toast – If you sense burning smells from the issue, switch off the AC from the power socket and turn off the power circuit breaker. The fan motor or electrical wires could have burned due to electrical issues. Immediately call the AC installation La Center WA, for a quick check and repair.
- Rotting egg – A rotting smell probably means a dead creature inside the AC unit, but you should be on alert mode if the odor smells like a rotting egg. A rotten egg smell indicates a sulfur gas leak, and sulfur gas is a harmful gas with serious complications.
- Exhaust fumes – If the exhaust fumes come from the outdoor AC system, there is probably fuel leakage.
Reasons Behind The Stinky Feet Smell From The AC Unit!
According to our AC repair Vancouver WA, here are some reasons that could be behind the stinky smell from the AC system:
Clogged Condensate Drains
Blockage and debris accumulation inside the drain pipes can cause the water to clog, and the water starts to leak from the AC unit. You can clear the blockage with the help of a long brush and pour the excess water into a bucket.
Broken Condensate Pan
A crack in a condensate pan can leak, storing water in one place. It can increase the risk of diseases and stinky smells in the environment. The only way to resolve the issue due to a broken condensate pan is by replacing it with a new one.
Dirty Air Filters
Dirty air filters are a storage hub for dust, grime, and moisture if you live in a hot and humid climate. Air conditioner repair Vancouver WA, recommends replacing the AC filter every three months to keep the environment safe and healthy.
You can fix the issues with the help of DIY tips and tricks available on the internet, but it is essential to repair the cause of the problem. That is why it is necessary to Google an appropriate ‘AC installation Ridgefield WA‘ so you can quickly call the technician to fix the issue.
All Around Mechanical technician experts are here in Vancouver, Ridgefield, La Center, and surrounding areas on a 24×7 basis to help you resolve your comfort issues.
You can check our other services: