Air Conditioner Inspection In Brush Prairie, Woodland, Amboy, WA And Surrounding Areas
Air Conditioner Inspection In Brush Prairie, Woodland, Amboy, Vancouver, Ridgefield, Camas, Washougal, Battleground, Kalama, La Center, Longview, Felida, Chehalis, Castle Rock, Ariel, Kelso, WA And Surrounding Areas
Regular air conditioning inspections are a practical way to avoid surprises and keep your HVAC system working effectively. This preventative service can catch trouble spots early, saving you money and hassle in the long run. All Around Mechanical offers affordable air conditioner inspection in Brush Prairie, Woodland, and Amboy, Washington, and the surrounding areas so that when the summer does its worst, your air conditioner will run its best!
The Importance of Air Conditioner Inspections
When you think about it, your AC unit is exposed to the elements in a way that many other household appliances are not. A central air conditioner and most heat pumps utilize forced air cooling. That means they depend on the ability to continuously push air through their refrigerant system to lower the temperature of your home. On any given day, your HVAC system processes an incredible amount of air. In fact, an AC unit with a typical-size blower can move as much as 54 tons of air per day! Even with a premium filter, all of that exposure takes a toll. During ordinary operation, your air conditioner is susceptible to dust and dirt build-up, microbial growth such as mold, clogged drain lines, blockages in ductwork, and normal wear and tear.
The Benefits of AC Inspections
- Increased Life of Your Unit: Air conditioners don’t just fail because of being forced to work overtime on scorching days. While it’s true that compressors and fan motors can overheat and give out, a more common cause of AC breakdown is lack of regular inspections and maintenance. By getting an annual AC inspection, worn parts, dirty filters, or tears in ducting are fixed before your system actually malfunctions. Additionally, lubricating the moving parts inside the evaporator and condenser units reduces strain. Some components may not even need to be oiled, but without an inspection, you’ll never know.
- Better Energy Efficiency: When your air conditioning system struggles, not only does this chronic over-work contribute to the daily stress of its components, but it leads to higher electric bills. One reason is that the AC unit isn’t cooling your house sufficiently, causing you to turn down the thermostat. Then, the air conditioner works even harder than it is already. Another reason is that a dirty filter, worn components, or low coolant make it more difficult for your AC to do its job, which results in more energy usage — not to mention taking a long time to bring down the temperature! Annual AC inspections locate sources of inefficiency and correct them, saving you between 15 to 20% on utility bills.
- Healthier Indoor Air Quality: Microscopic organisms, dust, dirt, allergens, pet dander (if you have critters), and debris are all particles that make their way through your HVAC system every time you use it. If you have a good filter in place, especially a HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air) filter, it’s going to catch many contaminants. However, mold and other invaders can grow in your ductwork, and even in the surrounding insulation. This pathogenic intrusion is especially a concern in houses with chronically high humidity. When an HVAC tech performs an air conditioner inspection, he or she will examine your entire system inside and out. If there’s an air quality issue in your home that filters alone can’t handle, it will be found and corrected before it can cause health problems.
- Fewer Repairs: During an AC inspection, your HVAC professional will run tests to see how your system is performing. The readings we collect allow us to identify any failing parts or potential problems and make adjustments before something breaks. Sometimes the issue we find may not be related to your AC unit at all but stems from an incorrectly calibrated thermostat or a broken duct. Rectifying trouble areas as soon as possible keeps your air conditioner from working overtime, meaning fewer repairs. And considering the average cost of an inspection is $321 versus $1,200 to replace the AC compressor, the savings are too significant to pass up!
All Around Mechanical’s Comprehensive AC Inspection
The air conditioner inspection we perform at your home will depend on the type of system that you have. We’ll customize it to your AC unit and take your concerns or requests into consideration. A general checklist of steps is as follows:
- Clean the evaporator and condenser coils.
- Check your HVAC system’s refrigerant level, and adjust it if needed. Ensure the refrigerant pressure is correct.
- Lubricate moving parts to reduce friction and conserve energy.
- Inspect the condensate drain to ensure that water is being properly collected and emptied. Repair or unclog the condensate drain line as needed.
- Check electrical connections and tighten any loose ones found, correct any faulty wiring, measure motor voltage, and inspect electrical elements.
- Calibrate the thermostat if needed and replace the battery.
- Inspect the blower component and ensure your system is delivering the proper amount of airflow.
- Check your system’s safety controls.
- Ensure that your AC unit was correctly installed, meaning that the AC unit has the correct amount of power for the home it’s servicing.
Comprehensive Air Conditioner Inspections in Brush Prairie, Washington
With a thorough AC inspection from All Around Mechanical, you’ll prevent costly breakdowns and keep your HVAC system running smoothly the entire summer. We not only service residential customers, but we’re also skilled in standard and light commercial, multi-family, rural properties, mechanical installations, and new constructions. After one of our certified professionals completes your inspection, he or she will give you a detailed report of any issues found and our proposed handling. We’ll then present you with a quote if any repairs are needed. If your AC unit is getting up in years and you need a new system, we offer financing so that you won’t have to go without an air conditioner if you’re on a tight budget. We also offer 10% off for senior citizens and veterans. For a high-quality air conditioner inspection in Brush Prairie, Woodland, and Amboy, Washington, and the surrounding areas, call us at @ (360) 896-2829.